Monday, December 13, 2010

ahh the quiet!!

This is wonderful.... it is now quiet, well except for the coos of a very cute 2 days away from being 5 months old little girl! She is on the floor playing on her mat. Yes, she should be sleeping but she is not. As for the big one, she is upstairs, probably also not sleeping but should be. That is ok, she is quiet.

So now I see how long it has been since I have really had a chance to sit and blog about the life of these little, and not so little people that live under our roof.


Lets see.... I wrote on how Conner turned 16, and yes that was back in the middle of November. He had gotten his license, is able to take himself everywhere and I realize how wonderful it is! Well at least until I catch wind on facebook or some other source that there is an accident on one of the roads he takes to school when he is at his dads house. And then I realize how scary it is when I can not get a hold of him or his little brother (also in the car) on the cell phones that I pay for and therefore they should answer whenever I need them too (even when the battery is dead). And then when I find out that it was two gray cars. And then the relier that I get when I find out both boys are sitting safely at school. I now see the downside of having a child that drives. I think I will continue to focus on the good list.


In early December Conner also got his braces off!! What an exciting day that was for him. Let me tell you, he is one great looking kid!! Not that he wasnt before but it is amazing how great he looks without his braces. I guess the braces were just a part of him and then when they were not there.... darn!!
Avery is up next.... let's see in the past week we have sat through the last Christmas, oh excuse me, Holiday concert that he will have. I have to admit that I do dread these. He has taken strings (guitar) for 3 years and they still pluck the songs. He did tell me that he wants to take private lessons after this year. Maybe then it will be tolerable to listen to him play. It is such a fun instrument (I took it for a few years after my parents made me stop playing violin but that is another post for another time) and I wish that I had kept it up.

This past weekend Avery decided at the last minute that he wanted to try out for the elite travel lacrosse team. I was thrilled that he decided to try this. I think it would be a great thing for him to play on this team with kids that are very talented. Not sure when we will hear if he did or did not make the team but either way I am proud of him for wanting to try out.


This picture if not of the try out this weekend but it was the last game of the season. Avery has transitioned from being an all defense player to playing defense and middie. He even scored a goal this year (his 2nd in hid life). We were very excited. Avery is one that will take it up and pass it off so that he has the assist but getting him to shoot has taken awhile. I guess being in a defense frame of mind for many years shooting is not an issue.
Kennedi has been Kennedi. She keeps us on our toes ALL THE TIME!!

Ryleigh was Baptized at church a few weeks ago. We had many of my family come to help us celebrate. Of course after it we had a party to celebrate with a wonderful cake!


The girls recently sat on Santa's lap where Kennedi told him that she wanted presents under the tree. When I asked what she wanted in the presents she said, Cheese. Hmmmm ok!

I think that catches us up on most of the major events of the fall. Whew, hopefully I can get to where I post an update at least once a week if not more.

No comments: