Thursday, March 6, 2008

17 weeks 2 days

Well since I am finally feeling better I have decided to do what so many others have done and start a blog about the long road it is going to be until August and the development of little Kennedi. I figure this is a good way to keep everyone informed of what is going on along the way. Feel free to stop back from time to time to view the page.

As of last week I have started to feel like a human again. I am still sick in the mornings on most days but compared to the past 17 weeks I will take that any day! I am hoping that the days of sitting on the couch with an IV in me and having to take medicine around the clock are gone so I can start to enjoy this tiny baby growing inside me.

Yesterday was a big day for us! In the morning we had my 17 week doctors appointment and in the evening we had an appointment for an ultrasound so we could get the official word on if we will be welcoming a baby boy or girl into the family in August.

At my doctors appointment everything went well. Chris took off of work so he could be there with me. I am so lucky to have someone that wants to be so involved in what is going on. He was not able to make it to the last appointment and I kept getting text messages from him asking how things were going and wanting to get an update as soon as I could. I have since decided that it is a lot easier to make the appointments when I know he can be there too. With my memory (and its worse now that I am pregnant) I tend to forget the little details that he wants to know.

OK, back to yesterday's appointment....

As I said, things went well. I did not gain ANY weight since the last appointment. I was so excited about this since I had gained so much the time before. My blood pressure was also good, I don't remember exactly (which is why I now take Chris with me) but I think it was like 120/70 something. I hope it continues along that track!! The nurse went over all the optional tests that we can have to determine different things about the baby but we said no to all of them.

After my appointment we headed to a few stores to look at some clothes for the baby. Surprisingly I did not buy a thing!!! I was shocked. After that we went home for my much needed nap. It was a long day waiting for 5:15 to come around when we would be able to see the pictures of the baby, at least the official pictures.

5:15 finally rolled around so Chris, Conner, Avery and I met Grandma and Papa at Baby dimensions for our appointment. At first Conner and Avery were not very thrilled about going to see the ultrasound but once they saw her moving they both admitted that it was a lot better than they thought it was going to be. It took about 30 seconds for Stacy, the sonographer, to find what she needed to confirm that Kennedi will be the newest edition to the family. It was a perfect butt and legs shot. I am certain that the baby wanted us to know without a doubt that we were expecting a little girl. From then on we got some really good pictures of Kennedi. Chris and I are planning on going back around week 27 so we can get some great pictures of her chubby cheeks.

I guess its time to start buying what we are going to need and getting a nursery ready. I know that I do not want to be fooling with that in the middle of the Georgia heat this summer when I am about ready to pop!

showing off that she is a little girl!!
she loves to have her hands on top of her head.

She is being so shy! Aww look at her hand on her belly!

1 comment:

Jan said...

Congratulations to all of you - Jan Fernandez