Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

It has taken me a few days to write more but I wanted to take a few minutes to write about Mother’s Day. Of course this is not my first one but it was probably one of the best ones so far. Each year on Mother’s Day weekend we have a lacrosse tournament in Roswell. What better way to spend a Mother’s Day than to watch a child on the ball field playing a sport that he loves (and it helps that he goes out and kicks some butt)!

The morning started out with Chris making me breakfast (and yes he cooked it). He brought me eggs over easy and toast. I love to eat this in the morning. After that the boys had been downstairs and they both came up into my room and had these looks on their faces like they were up to something. But then again with my boys…. what’s new?? they each pulled out gifts from behind their back.

Avery had in his little hands a glass case with a new pair of sunglass. This is something that I have needed so badly. I got a nice pair of Ray Bans. I guess Chris got tired of me constantly taking his glasses and him being left with none. After that Conner pulled a little blue bag out from behind his back. Inside that blue bag was a blue box (some of you may know what I am getting at). Inside the blue box was a necklace, not just any necklace but a Tiffany’s necklace. I was shocked. Then Conner told me that he had been saving up his money at his dad’s house and he bought the necklace with his money. I thought I was going to bust out in tears but I think I was in shock so much that it saved me from that. this is the kid that has his the teenage years so badly that many days I want to put him through a wall (no I have not done that yet)… I have to admit if he was trying to butter me up for something… IT WORKED!! I could tell how proud he was of what he did by the look on his face. One day I hope he has a little girl that I can pass that necklace on to.

After we got done at Avery’s game (they won so it made the day even better) I got to choose where to eat. Since we were on the north side I decided on Dave & Busters. I had never been there and I wanted the boys to have fun too (all 3 of them). They did!!

By the time we got home I was EXHAUSTED!!

I will post another update tonight….. We all go for another ultrasound where we will be able to see her chubby cheeks!! I hope she cooperates for it. She is at the point where she moves around non stop and it’s starting to hurt. I guess she will follow in her big brother’s footsteps and be a big baby. I am mentally preparing myself for another 9lb baby!! YIKES!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day...but Chris cooking...

I am glad things are going so well for all of you.

Jan