Tuesday, April 29, 2008

25 week doctors appointment...

I just got home a little while ago from my doctors appointment. Everything looked good, well almost everything. I have gained A LOT of weight. When I was pregnant with Avery at 25 weeks I had gained 19.5 lbs. Well lets just say I have topped that for sure. I am going to have to start to walk or ride a bike or something everyday. It was just a lot easier to be active when I was pregnant at 24. Being 35 is a HUGE difference in energy level. I was also told that I should nap often. There is another thing that I rarely get a chance to do! Maybe if I got to take a nap then I would feel like being more active. I guess in about 18 days when I am out of work for the summer I will try that. Kennedi's heart rate was 145. It took forever to find the heartbeat today. She would not sit still long enough for them to get it. Finally I suppose she got tired of flipping around and they were able to hear it. My blood pressure is still good (116/68). That is amazing because as I remember with the boys it was always a little high. They said she was growing good.... I could have told them that by my weight gain and how I feel her all over me!


I go back in 4 weeks, May 28th (I think it is) and have the glucose screening. Oh how exciting! I get to go drink that horrible tasting stuff and sit in the waiting room for an hour just to go back and have them stick me with some needles. Wow.. can't for that! I should start counting down the days. After that appointment is when I will start to go back every 2 weeks. Whew I guess at that point I will feel like it is all right around the corner because at this point 15 weeks still seems like forever! I don't want to wish it away because that would mean wishing my work free summer away. But I guess once she is here I will have 12 weeks to rest before going back to work.


Now a little off topic..... It sure felt good to be home from work today. I got so much done! Conner had an orthodontist appointment this morning to get his braces on. While he was there I went grocery shopping. WOW it was empty in there! It took no time to get in and out of there. When I went back to pick up my little brace face he was no longer all smiles. Its actually been a quiet day since he doesn't want to open his mouth to show any metal. I will post a picture of Conner smiling with his metal. I am sure he will kill me for it but like I told him, braces and chicken pox.... its part of being a kid!


Well until next time.....
Conner's beautiful metal smile...
me at 25 weeks.... yes I am huge!

No comments: