Friday, August 15, 2008

1 week old!!!

So yesterday was a sad day.... Kennedi turned a week old. That week went way too fast. I really wish that we could freeze her where she is for a little while, she is so much fun to cuddle with and just watch. Yeah I know, she does nothing but eat, sleep and poop (she rarely cries), but the faces she makes are priceless! She smiles all the time. We all know why she does this but hey let us think she is doing it because she likes being here. Her brothers are completely in love with her!! It is amazing, they don't fight about shotgun in the car anymore, now they fight about who is going to sit next to Kennedi or who is going to hold her. The one thing they do not fight about and I wish they would is who will change that dirty diaper. We have no takers on that one!!

She has done so well at night, we had one bad night and I will write about that in a minute but the past two nights she has been PERFECT!!! She has eaten between 1130 and midnight and then again between 315 and 345am and then again between 630 and 700. Today she woke up at 655. It was amazing. When she does wake up she eats (very quickly) and then she is back to sleep. We can't ask for anything better than that.

Ok now to the bad night..... I have to say that I think Kennedi knows what she wants already. I know that is so not a good thing but what can ya do?!?! She has 2 pack and plays. One was downstairs. That one is a new one that we bought and it has the bassinet attachment and changing table on it. The other is one is in our bedroom. It is one that we are borrowing for a few weeks. Its very nice but its a couple of years old and does not have the bassinet attachment. I can't put her in the crib just yet because it seems way to big for her so we went to my sisters and got the pack and play to use for a few weeks. It was bedtime (at least for Chris and I) and we put Kennedi in the bassinet. She did great for a little while but that night we were up all the time. I think maybe I had 2 hours sleep. I ended up keeping her on my chest just so she would sleep. Well we didn't think anything of it and thought maybe I ate something she didn't like (which is still a possibility). But the next night we went to put her in the pack and play and she cried as soon as we put her in. Chris was not going to handle another sleepless night well (and I don't think I would have either) and he came up with, "she doesn't like this crib". OK well I thought that was ridiculous at first. She is not even a week old at the time so how would she know the difference??? He was convinced that was the problem because she sleeps so well during the day downstairs. So he went down to get the new pack and play and brought it up to the bedroom. We put her in the bassinet part and she did not make a sound!!!! She fell right asleep and stayed that way for the next 3 hours or so. Hmmmm OK so the baby is a week old and is high maintenance already! That is so not good for Daddy!!!! But for the second day in a row she has slept great. We now let her nap downstairs in whatever baby thing she is laying in at that time and she sleeps in the pack and play at night. She is also a baby that does not like silence when she sleeps, which to me is such a good thing.

Well that is story number one for Kennedi.... 1 week old, beautiful and high maintenance.... what are we going to have to deal with in another month or so?!?!?

Have a great day!!!

Tara and Chris

No comments: