Wednesday, August 13, 2008

First weight check...

Hey everyone....

Kennedi and I went to the pediatrician for her first weight check today. I love going to these to see how much they have gained. When she was born she was 8 lbs 14 oz and when we left the hospital she weighed in at 8 lbs 8 oz and of course was 19.5 inches long. Well when we went back today she was 19 3/4 inches and weighed 8 lbs 11.5 oz. She is almost back to her birth weight. I figured she was close since the newborn diapers are getting way too small. We actually went out and bought size 1 diapers yesterday and we are trying to quickly use up all the opened newborn diapers. She looks so cute in just a diaper because she is already starting to get a little belly on her. But then I guess I have to expect that since she eats NON STOP!! Our pediatrician says that he does weekly weight checks until the babies are at their birth weight (since they often lose before they gain). But, he also said that next week will probably be the last one she gets since he predicts she will be back up to it by then. After that we do not go back until 2 months.

We also had to go back to the hospital to get her bilirubin level checked since it was still a little high on Monday. At least we had Tuesday off from being at the lab. She was also given the OK to not be put under the lights as of yesterday. I was so thankful for that. Chris and I held her pretty much all day. I think she was out of someones arms for maybe 15 minutes total. I think she was spoiled because last night she did not sleep as well as she has been. But I guess they can't all be great nights of sleep.

Chris had to work again today. I think he was completely exhausted from lack of sleep for one night. He has been getting a good amount of sleep since he can not do too much when she wakes in the middle of the night. As I sit there in bed feeding Kennedi he is often snoring (loudly) next to us. Ahhh must be nice!! I guess that is OK since I do have off from work until the beginning of November and he is the one that has to go back to the real world.

Well I guess that is all the updates for now. I am waiting from a call from the pediatrician to see about Kennedi's lab results. Other than that its a relaxing day at home with lots of naps for both of us (I hope).

Tara and Chris

No comments: