Monday, August 11, 2008

yet another recheck...

Today Kennedi is 4 days old and I already do not want her to get any bigger! She is absolutely a wonderful baby. I am really starting to think that all the sickness and IV’s and everything else I went through was worth it…. Ok I know it was. She sleeps a lot!! She is still going from 2.5 to 4 hours at night so that is wonderful. When I am done feeding her I can put her in the crib awake and she falls asleep on her own. The one downfall (which I do not think is a downfall actually) is that she doesn’t like to sleep in complete silence. She does so much better with people talking or the TV on or whatever is there to make noise. I think that is great because it is so easy to go out and buy a CD player and play lullabies all night than it is to have a completely quiet house so that she can sleep.

Conner and Avery came home from their dads this morning and were so excited to be home and see her. They went right up to her just to sit and look at her. She was asleep so I didn’t let them get her out but I could tell they wanted to. Conner did get to hold her this morning before school and it was just in time for her to have a blow out in her diaper. After Conner got over being grossed out he said that he was not going to be holding her for awhile. Hmmm I wonder how long it will take once he walks in the door from football practice to go pick her up… Avery was bummed that he didn’t have time to hold her but he sat in the back seat with her on the way to school and just stared at her the whole time. It was so cute to see him talking to her. I think it is going to be a chore for me today to get Avery to stop playing with her long enough to get his homework done. Hopefully he will not have too much.

Chris had to go to work today. It’s not too bad actually; he works today and Wednesday and then is off the rest of the week. I think it is bothering him not to be home with her already but he has done very well so far and has only called a few times to check on her. The down part for me is that now that he is at work I have to change every stinky diaper today. Chris is so good about that. I have to say that he has changed the majority of diapers and has given her every bath she has had. He really enjoys that time with Kennedi… the bath not the diapers.

Kennedi and I went back to the hospital this morning to get yet another recheck on the bilirubin level. Kennedi did great today and did not cry at all when they pricked her heel. I guess when she has to have it done every day of her life she gets used to it. I just can’t wait until we get word that we can stop going as well as stop laying her on the bili blanket. I told Kennedi that when this was all over I was going to hold her all day long!! At times it’s really hard to have her in that blanket instead of in my arms. Chris just called a little while ago and said that her levels today were down from the past two days. That is a good thing but we are waiting to hear if they are down enough to stop everything we are doing. Maybe if we can’t stop the blanket today we will be able to tomorrow. When we went back on Sunday for the recheck Kennedi’s bilirubin level was still at a 15 (the same as they were on Saturday). The doctor was pleased that they didn’t go up at all and by the time the home health place got the bili blanket out to the house Saturday night it was like 8:45 and so she did not have a whole lot of time under it. Today (Monday) when I took her back her levels were now 13.6 so that is a drop. Chris thinks the lucky number we want is 12 but he is waiting for another call from the doctor to see what he wants us to do. I take her for a weight check on Wednesday and hopefully by then this speed bump will be crossed and it will be smooth sailing from there. It is a good thing she is such a good baby. If she was a fussy baby it would be very very hard to keep her in that blanket most of the day.

Well I guess that is all the updates for now. I guess I am trying to keep busy while she sleeps since she sleeps so much. Avery will be home in about an hour and a half and then it will be homework time and soon after we are done it will be time for me to go pick Conner up from football. It is going to get some getting used to being home all day when no one else is. I do it all summer but the boys are here with me or we are at the pool. I guess now I will really get time to enjoy Kenendi and spoil her. Hmm come to think of it, I think this is going to be a wonderful 12 weeks off of work!!!

Tara and Chris

No comments: