Wednesday, August 6, 2008

39 week doctor appointment and work....

Hey everyone....

The past two days have been pretty full with events but not enough of them deal with the baby. Yesterday morning we went to school so the boys could see where their homerooms were located. It went smoothly of course and only took a few minutes. Then it was on to my doctors appointment where I really expected to have some news on the progress of Kennedi. Well, that did not happen!! First we got there and they took my blood pressure. It was higher than I think it has ever been in my life at 150/87. They immediately had me lay down on my left side for about 15 minutes and then took it again. I tried to relax as best as I could and get out of my mind that I may have to give birth to a baby the size of a 2 or 3 month old. I guess I got that and all the anxiety out of my mind for a few minutes because my blood pressure went down to 110/78. Of course Chris was in there telling me that I needed to relax, the baby might not be as big as they think and all that other husbandly advice that you don't want to hear because they have not been through the birth of a huge baby. Bless his heart he is trying so hard to do whatever he can to make me less miserable than I am at times.

Anyway, back to the appointment. Just like every other appointment the nurse came in and listened to the heartbeat which was great at like 142 and then she measured my huge belly. This week I was measuring 40 weeks. I guess that is good, she must not have gained too much weight in the past week. Or so I hope!!

Then the doctor came in to check me.... I so expected to be told that I was dilated a little more and that it was not going to be much longer. Well I did not get any of that!!! "In fact that was no change since last week. Still a 3 and I guess the baby is not down far enough (which I would like to argue since often when I walk I feel like she is going to fall out)!! But what do I know, I am not in the medical field. Then the doctor said something that almost made me hop out of the chair and tackle her..... She said they will let me go another week, maybe two. I was about to cry. Then I asked about the size of the baby and if they would let me go that long and she replied, "well and 8 or 8/12 pound baby is still considered normal". Hmmm I wonder if she has ever given birth to a baby that was 8 1/2 pounds... BECAUSE I HAVE AND THAT IS NOT NORMAL!!! She just dropped down to the bottom of my favorite person list.

So needless to say, there was no talk about an induction date and she said.. We will see you back in a week. Oh wonderful.. I can't wait!!

So today I went back to work!! Never thought that I would have to start the year but I did. It was the first day of school so I did not have any students. I cant believe that people work everyday this pregnant. I am so exhausted and so swollen from being on my feet and walking around. And to think, tomorrow I get to do it all over again. Gee I can't wait!

On a side note.... Kennedi will have a great time this fall watching two of her big brothers play football! Avery is signed up for tackle (11-12 league)... all 65 pounds of him and Conner made the middle school football team and has been getting his butt kicked since last week with conditioning. She is going to learn early how to cheer for her favorite teams!!!

Until next time, everyone please pray that I do not make it to my next doctors appointment!!

Tara and Chris....

No comments: