Sunday, October 12, 2008

pumpkin patch....

Friday the boys were off of school for a teacher work day so after a lot of thought we decided on going to a pumpkin patch and corn maze. I had been doing a lot of research on the Internet the past week on one to go to that we would all like. I knew that Conner and Avery were out of the pumpkin patch stage and would absolutely loathe heading out to one for the day and i knew that Kennedi would not remember ever going to one but I had to have my yearly pumpkin pictures. Exactly what I thought, when I found one and mentioned it to the boys they were so not excited at all. They were troopers and came along for the fun anyway. I had the thought that if I could just get them there then they would see the fun but also realistic to the fact that they may be miserable. Whew I am so glad with the outcome.
We decided to take the trip over to McDonough, Ga to Southern Belle Farms. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a pumpkin patch/corn maze. family fun day!! When we went to pay to get in (with my coupons in hand) we were told that the cow in the goat pen had just given birth about an hour before and was still not walking. OK I am a city girl so I have never seen a cow that was just birthed! I was more excited then the kids I think. We sat and watched the calf for a few minutes and while we were there she (or he) got up and walked.

After that we headed to the corn maze. This maze was huge..... here it is...

it was divided into 3 sections (easy, med and hard). We did the easy one first of course and had trouble finding our way through!! we got smart for the other 2 trails and took a picture of the maze and we were able to navigate somewhat with that. Our legs were TIRED after walking through all of that!
There was so much to do at this place, we shot corn in the corn shooters, rode the pedal bikes, raced the ducks and played in the corn pit (its like a ball pit but filled with corn... off the cob of course). Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the pig races.... that was hilarious and kinda fun to watch.
We ended the day with a hayride around the farm and some pictures in the pumpkin patch. It was so much fun and when we left with both boys saying they wanted to go back next year. I was shocked with their reaction to the place.... It is really a great place to spend the day and worth every penny that it costs to get in.
Here are some more pictures from our family day on Friday!.... enjoy.
Avery shooting a corn cob...

Conner's turn...

Conner CAN NOT take a serious picture!!

Children of the corn...

Children of the corn.... part 2

children of the corn.. part 3



waiting for the pig races to start...




pumpkin patch kid...

Kennedi's first pumpkin...

No comments: