Monday, November 10, 2008

Kennedi's Baptism

Yesterday Chris and I along with many of our family members and friends saw Kennedi being Baptized during the 9am mass at church. She was so cute in her christening gown. The gown has been in the family for about 100 years and it started with my dad's mom getting baptized in it. Needless to say, I was a nervous wreck that Kennedi would put her foot through one of the parts that has not been restored or blown out her diaper and made a mess of it. But, when it was all said and done, the dress was still perfect. This was even the first Sunday in weeks that I did not have to take Kennedi out of mass because she was babbling too loud.

Conner and Avery were a part of the celebration by being two of the three Altar servers. This past Sunday was Avery's first time as an altar server and I was N-E-R-V-O-U-S but he did an excellent job! I am so glad that he did not change his mind at the last minute and it was wonderful to see him sit still! I know know that he can do it!!

I have posted pictures from yesterday. My brother Rick is Kennedi's godfather and my niece Amanda is her godmother. Amanda flew in from Charleston, SC to be with Kennedi on her special day and thankfully the flights were open and she was able to return home yesterday and be at work bright and early this morning. THANK YOU AMANDA FOR COMING INTO TOWN!! We miss you already!! Amanda was not the only one who came in from a distance, Kathleen (my nephew Matt's wife) and they baby Ryan were here from Columbus Mississippi. Of course I can't say that they came in just for the Baptism, Kathleen spent the weekend at USC where she went to college with some of her ROTC friends. But regardless, we are thankful that we were able to have her and Ryan in for the day. Chris' parents also made the 3 hour drive. They were up bright and early to be at the church by nine!!

We have to thank everyone that came to celebrate Kennedi's special day with us! It was beautiful!! We are so fortunate to have a family that loves Kennedi and gave up some time to celebrate. I am sure there were some tired people last night and I hope everyone had a good nights sleep before hitting the real world this morning.

2 proud brothers... they LOVE their little sister!!
family photo...
The family... or some of them at least...
The grandparents...

the godparents, Uncle Rick and Amanda
The pretty baby...





No comments: