Thursday, April 16, 2009

The first of many boo boo's

Wow... what a calm crazy day it has been so far and it barely lunchtime. Kennedi and I just got back from the emergency room seeing daddy but this time it was a visit to daddy for a boo boo. Now it was not something horrible but since Chris was at work today I decided to go ahead and take her in so he could look at her. Kennedi thinks that she can crawl much faster than she really can. Her body goes quickly but her arms just have not caught up yet. While I was vacuuming the hallway upstairs, Kennedi was supposed to be in her room playing but decided to come out and see what I was doing (I was about 3 feet from her bedroom door). Well she did a face/head plant when she went from the carpet to the wood floor. Her mouth hit the floor and the side of her head hit the door way. WOW does she have a great set of lungs! I thought she was even going to see how long she could hold her breath while screaming too. On top of that it didn't take long for the blood to come out. There goes my nice easy day of cleaning the house.


Being the mouth it bleeds A LOT more than on another place on the body. I didn't know where she hit exactly and her lip was not all puffy so I called Chris and took her in. I was thinking about taking her in anyway so Chris could look at her ears because of this cold she has (ears are all clear). So daddy took a look and saw where the cut was (inside upper lip by the gum) and the bleeding stopped for the most part (at times you can see some more blood but nothing compared to what it was doing). It only took a few minutes as we were on our way home but of course she had to stop to see all the nurses working today. Poor child gets no attention. I do have to say once again... IF I HEAR HOW MUCH SHE LOOKS LIKE HER DADDY ONE MORE TIME I AM GONNA SCREAM!!! OK so I won't, but wow its amazing how much she looks like Chris.


So now we are back home and I have changed over the laundry, finished the floors that I was cleaning when all this began this morning and have decided to sit down and watch a few minutes of the braves game before I started on more cleaning on this beautiful day.


Did I mention that the sun is out and we are scheduled to have a baseball game tonight?? These two things have not happened on the same day this season!! I can't wait to get some pictures of Conner playing tonight and hopefully post tomorrow.


Avery had lacrosse practice last night and did really well. They were all pretty rusty at first since it was the first practice in like 3 weeks. I am tired of the rain and I am so ready for some spring weather! Avery also came home yesterday with his form for his strings class next year which he has decided to not take again. I am thrilled with this decision, I told him he would switch to some private lessons if he wanted to keep going. I was not at all impressed with the program he was in. Many days he will come home, gets on the computer, and watched videos on how to play songs and I think he has learned a lot more doing it that way. So if any of you local people know anyone that gives private guitar lessons please pass on their name and number.


Well I guess I need to go clean up the latest Kennedi mess for the day and switch the clothes in the washer again because I just heard the ding. Hopefully the rest of the day will be a little more exciting uneventful!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh, poor Kennedi. But how nice that daddy knows just what to do. :-)

Avery sounds just like Alex. He does the same thing with his guitar. I have a private teacher for him who lives in my neighborhood. I will email you info later via facebook....if I remember. If not, remind me!!