Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Very Happy Birthday Party!!

So its only taken me half the week to sit and write up a blog on Kennedi's birthday party. It has been a long week. School started and we are all trying to get back into that routine, Kennedi is cutting some molars and they are giving her a hard time and she is also going through some sort of separation anxiety. I can not even walk upstairs or get in the shower without her pitching a fit. She wants to be held all the time. I am sure it will pass quickly and before I know it she wont want me to hold her anymore so I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Sunday we had a small party for Kennedi to celebrate the 1 year milestone. She was pretty funny and soaking up the attention. Both sets of grandparents were there as were two of her brothers. Chris tried to get his son Dakota up for the day but that did not work out. Maybe next year. My brother and sisters, nieces and nephews were also there to help celebrate and some friends. She got lots of wonderful things and she loves playing with all the new toys. I need to get some pictures of her in action soon.

Her cake was made by a friend of mine at church and was BEAUTIFUL! I so did not expect it to be as pretty and detailed as it was. I loved it and really did not even want to cut into it and ruin it but I know that would not fly. I will have to call on Michelle more often to make some cakes. Maybe I need a back to school cake soon. Oh and then a Labor Day cake.


Here is Kennedi's smash cake. Well would have been IF Kennedi smashed her hand, face or anything into it... but more on that later.

Here is the big cake for everyone else. It was a 2 tier (and heavy while sitting on my lap in the car). Oh it was so good. Remember you can click on the pictures to make them bigger and see the detail.

Avery is helping Kennedi to open her gifts. Kennedi lost interest in this quickly. She saw a toy and decided she would rather play with it than to open another one.

Here is Conner chillin out and talking to his cousin Austin.

Here is the loot...we are still trying to find places for all of it. I think we will be skipping Christmas this year!

This is a hat that my sister in law, Beth, made. I was so happy when I saw my nephew walk in with this in his hand. I love her hats!!

This toy was and still is a big hit with Kennedi.. THANKS AMANDA!! Kennedi loves this toy! She will close all the doors on it and then I have to open them. She laughs when I do and then closes them again. We will do this for an hour easily.

Kennedi looks so sweet in her rocking chair. She will sit and watch a little TV in it now. She has even mastered the art of rocking (which did not take her long to figure out).

I would post pictures of Kennedi all messy from the cake but she was so neat about it. She would stick a finger or two in the icing and eat it and then use the same fingers again. She got a piece of the cake off and she ate it neatly too. I was expecting her to be a complete mess but it was not much at all.

Well I think that is all. We were so fortunate to be able to celebrate with friends and family. It really turned in to wonderful day. Thank you all for coming to be apart of Kennedi's special day!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Happy birthday, Kennedi! I can't believe she's one. The cakes are BEAUTIFUL!