Sunday, June 14, 2009

quick tournament update

I have a few minutes (hopefully a few hours) of quiet time. I woke up and cant get back to sleep, Chris just left for work for his 9-7 shift today and Kennedi is asleep (boys are at their dads house until later today).

Conner's team finished up the pool games last night. Its been a late two nights at the ball park for Kennedi. Friday night we got home at 11pm and got Kennedi into bed. Thankfully she slept until 10am on Saturday. Friday night was a great game!! We played a team from Home Plate (a tournament team from the next town over) and we beat them in the last inning 8-7. Ahh what a wonderful ending it was. Conner was up to bat, a runner on base (maybe two I don't remember), with a score of 7-7. I hate this situation but Conner loves it!! I think there was only 1 out so I was not as nervous as I am with two outs. Conner nails the ball to the outfield and gets a walk off triple. We won 8-7. We were playing on a high school field and so it was pretty cool to see the boys on a field they will be on next year. They adjusted very well from the rec distance to the high school distance. It was amazing to see that happen. I was worried when I realized it was a bigger field but it did not bother the boys at all. They all looked like that had been playing on it all season. All the boys played a pretty good game. Conner caught and played 2nd and had a couple great plays at the plate.

We did not have to play until 7pm last night so it was nice to have a free day. Chris and I drove down to Lagrange to pick up my new van... yes we did it (finally)!! We made the move from a car to a van. We realized while driving to the beach for spring break that we needed something bigger with 3 kids. The boys were a little cramped in the Jeep with a car seat in the back. So we decided at that time that we would start to look for something bigger. I was not thrilled with the idea of a mini van but I have to admit that after driving it for a day I really like it. The room is amazing and it is so much easier to get Kennedi in and out of her car seat. Plus the added DVD player came in handy last night when Kennedi got tired at the game and she was able to watch a movie and calm down.

Last nights game did not turn out the way we wanted it to. Conner played 2nd, left field and caught. I was taking some pictures and would have had some great shots of one of his plays but stopped the button right before it happened so I could watch it. I always seem to miss the good stuff with the camera! We lost 7-3. It was an ok game but not as good as the night before. We were losing 7-1 in the last inninng and Conner was up. Of course it was 2 outs again. Why is it always my child (or just seems to be). Conner had a good hit to the outfield that scored two. That made it 7-3. We head out there again today for an 11am game. We are the number 4 seed... If we play well we have a chance of playing 3 games today... I did take pictures last night but I am just too tired right now to get up to get the camera and load them. I will add some to the post later today.

I will post later to update the rest of the tournament. For those of yall that can, have a great and relaxing Sunday.

No comments: